In celebration of the holidays, the events committee invites all members, families, and friends of the Italian Cultural Institute to gather on Sunday, December 10 at 6:30pm for a joyous celebration of the season at the River House Restaurant, located at 3015 River Road near the Louisville Water Tower off Zorn Avenue.
Once again, the celebration will be held in River House's private dining room. Guests will be treated to a four-course meal with delicious appetizers, a salad, entree, and dessert. As a sneak preview, entrees include chicken, salmon, beef, and shrimp options. For dessert, you can't go wrong with either the bourbon and white chocolate panettone or tiramisu. Tickets are $75 per person and can be purchased through the ICI website. Ticket price also includes the cost of all drinks (coffee, tea, wine, soda), as well as gratuity and sales tax. Read below for full menu details!
- SAUTEED MUSSELS ~ tossed in white wine garlic butter & grilled baguette herb
- BAKED CHESAPEAKE BAY OYSTERS~ topped with crab and creamy artichoke and spinach filling on the half shell with smoldering herbs
- BEEF CROSTINI~ French Baguette topped with shaved beef tenderloin covered in house made Boursin cheese and caramelized onions
- GRILLED MARINATED ROMAINE HEARTS~ served with smoked bourbon mustard, herb toasted brioche, shaved Manchego cheese and a roasted garlic aioli
- GRANNY SMITH APPLE SALAD~ with bleu cheese, toasted pumpkin seeds, grapes zesty greens tossed with pecan-vanilla vinaigrette
- OVEN-ROASTED PULLED CHICKEN & CAVATAPPI PASTA~ tossed in Parmesan cheese sauce with roasted corn, concasse tomatoes and pea tendrils
- MAKER’S 46 BARREL PLANK SMOKED SALMON served with balsamic-glazed fingerling potatoes, southern okra ratatouille and lemon caper aioli
- GRILLED Certified Angus Beef® FLAT IRON STEAK topped with smoked bacon and
- caramelized onion jam served with white cheddar mac & cheese casserole
- SAUTEED GULF SHRIMP served over linguini pasta with capers, mushrooms, tomato and baby spinach tossed in tomato basil sauce
- BOURBON AND WHITE CHOCOLATE PANETTONE~ topped with dried cherry-bourbon sauce served with pecan-vanilla ice cream
- CHEF JOHN VARANESE’s SPECIAL TIRAMSU